The programme produce qualified professional teachers in geography and Mathematics in secondary education and education institutions. The graduates have skills and techniques in teaching methods to make these subject relevant in life and interesting to learners. These graduate are experts in management, administration, curricula development, counselling, consultancy, and entrepreneurship and investors in education systems.
Student who graduate from this program should be able to:
- Teach geography and mathematics subjects.
- Effectively manage school and perform other administrative duties
- Advise and participate in formulation of educational curricula in the areas of geography and mathematics.
- Advise and participate in formulation of educational policies
- Encourage secondary school students to study science specifically in mathematics and geography disciplines and pursue careers in these fields
Facts and Competency in natural sciences are known by few educators; choose to be one of them
Two principal passes (4 points) in Geography and Mathematics OR Diploma in Education with a GPA of not less than 3.0 or its equivalent from recognized colleges passed at credit or above and four passes in relevant science subjects at O-level (Out of the four subjects Geography and Mathematics and Mathematics must have been passed at credit level.
Tshs. 1,263,000 per year
Applicants should apply directly to SUA using the online admission system (link: http://suasis.suanet.ac.tz:8389/index.php/registration) or Click “Apply Online (Undergraduate)” button at www.sua.ac.tz and you will be directed
The office of Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academics),
Sokoine University of Agriculture,
P. O. Box 3000,
Inquiries should be sent to:-